Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Signatures in E-Mail Messages

In my other life, I do genealogy research and that hobby is unfortunately populated by a large number of fans of our Chimp-in Chief. Today I received an email message asking me to provide information to her about her family. She made the mistake of using the following in her signature line:

"The best exercise for the human heart is a sincere effort to . . .lift others up." -G. Bush


In years past, I ignored these types of things, but I've become less tolerant under this administration so I replied as follows:

"We cannot let terriers and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile.'' - G. Bush


"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." - H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)


Here's a hint, folks. If you are asking me for a favor, don't quote Preznit Chimpy in your email. It doesn't put me in a generous mood.