Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Daily KOS Run by Sexist Pig

One of the most popular progressive blogs is owned by a man who marginalizes women and has invited us to read other blogs if we don't like his sexist opinions. Some time ago Markos suggested that when NARAL endorsed a pro-choice Republican over an anti-choice Democrat, they were wrong. In another post, he suggested that Democrats should forget reproductive rights in an effort to get votes from the nutjobs who want to control our bodies. Recently Markos accepted an ad that some people found offensive and when they complained he lashed out:

And I certainly won't let the sanctimonious women's studies set play that role on this site. Feel free to be offended. Feel free to claim that I'm somehow abandoning "progressive principles" by running the ad. It's a free country. Feel free to storm off in a huff. Other deserving bloggers could use the patronage.

Although I hadn't seen the ad, I decided to accept his invitation to leave. I wondered where to go to find the diarists that I'd enjoyed there. A group of women decided to discuss the issue here which I agree is a good idea, but I do have a complaint about the name of the blog because the term "kossack" refers to the sexist pig, Markos, who is so dismissive of women's issues and I don't consider myself a female kossack.

My favorite choice is Booman Tribune as an excellent alternative to DailyKOS. Feminists, women and men are welcomed there, the ambiance is progressive and the diaries are interesting. I especially like the regional categories.

I'm truly sorry that I once purchased an over-priced advertisement on DailyKOS. I'm a "buy blue" proponent and although Markos is a Democrat, he isn't progressive enough to deserve my hard-earned money. I won't be advertising there again. In fact, it's about time for me to run another ad at Booman's.

Currently I have an ad at Crooks and Liars.

You can also visit my Darwin fish, etc web site here.