Thursday, August 04, 2005

Novak's Head Exploded Today

I was working out on the treadmill and watching James Carville and Douche-Bag Novak on CNN when Novak suddenly got so angry he walked out on the interview. I jumped off the treadmill and tried to get online to blog about it immediately but a surge supressor had blown up and the network had gone down.

If you missed it, Crooks and Liars has video.

Some observations I made that don't appear in comments I've read at C & L, are that after Novak took off his microphone and walked off Carville and Ed Henry seemed to have difficulty supressing their grins. Both looked like they wanted to burst out laughing but Henry continued to interview Carville. I don't know what either of them said, but they were both smiling a lot. I think they enjoyed watching Novak storm out as much as I did.

I'm wondering if the FCC will go after Novak for saying "bullshit"? Apparently they weren't on a time delay because it wasn't bleeped.

It was very funny. Go play the video. You owe it to yourself. C&L also has a summary of comments by bloggers.

Update: CNN apologizes for Novak's outburst and he'll be taking a time-out.

Update II: Novak has been suspended from CNN indefinitely. What took them so long?
Only two weeks ago, CNN executives defended their decision to keep Novak on the air during the ongoing probe into the revelation of CIA officer Valerie Plame's identity. In a July 2003 newspaper column, Novak identified Plame, the wife of administration critic and former U.S. ambassador Joseph Wilson, as a CIA operative.