Sunday, December 11, 2005

Hillary Clinton: Has She No Shame?

Nora Ephron is one of my favorite bloggers at the Huffington Post and she has some thoughts about Hillary and CondiLIES Rice, opinions that I share.

"I've been thinking a lot about Condi lately, when I haven't been thinking about Hillary. They both make me feel bad, but for different reasons. I feel bad about Condi because in spite of her deliciously humiliating European adventure, she still seems to be enjoying this rock-star-slash-dominatrix thing; just last night, in the Ukraine, she coyly dismissed the suggestion that she might be a presidential candidate and giggled over the numerous references to herself as a warrior princess. Meanwhile, I feel bad about Hillary for all the obvious reasons, including this week's position on flag-burning and last week's position on Iraq (you can find it on her website). "
I completed a poll for Zogby earlier today in which I was asked to choose whether I'd vote for (1) John McCain or Hillary Clinton and (2) Hillary Clinton verses Condilikestorture Rice. In both cases I chose the third option (someone else or as I'd have phrased it - ANYONE else).

Hillary's shameless pandering to the slushy-brained right-wing with her anti-flag burning bill and her pro-Iraq war stance has destroyed any respect I had for her. As much as I'd like to see a woman in the highest office, I cannot and will not vote for Hillary Clinton. I cannot vote for a woman who has no self-respect left. Just once, can't we have a Democrat who stands up for a principle, even if it isn't a popular one?