"Suddenly something crunchy was in my mouth,'' she told the Mercury News, "and I spit it out.''
What she spit out was a an inch-and-a-half long finger tip, with a longish, nicely groomed nail.
The incident Tuesday night at a San Jose, Calif., Wendy's restaurant left the unidentified customer ill and distraught, said Joy Alexiou, a spokeswoman for the Santa Clara County Health Department.
Wendy's said the finger did not come from the restaurant's employees. It is also confident company suppliers are not to blame because of product coding that allows the company to trace where a product comes from, the day it was produced, when it was shipped and when it arrived at the restaurant, Lynch aid.
So if you're missing a finger, please contact Wendy's.