Friday, December 30, 2005

Evil Jeans


Two pairs of Cheap Monday jeans, seen at a shop in Stockholm, Sweden Thursday Dec. 29 2005. Cheap Monday jeans are a hot commodity among young Swedes thanks to their trendy tight fit and low price, even if a few buyers are turned off by the logo: a skull with a cross turned upside down on its forehead.

Logo designer Bjorn Atldax says he's not just trying for an antiestablishment vibe. "It is an active statement against Christianity," Atldax told The Associated Press. "I'm not a Satanist myself, but I have a great dislike for organized religion." (AP photo/Pressens Bild/Jonas Ekstromer)

Atldax stressed that he used satanic symbols because they stood out."I don't believe in Satan or God. I don't care if there's a God or Satan because they have never spoken to me." he added.

The designer plans to create logos mocking, and critical of, other religions. "I plan to make something anti-Hindu because I think its caste system is awful. I am not considering any anti-Islamic work now because there are already a lot of anti-Islamic sentiments," he said.
Hat tip to Dada.